The Australia Awards Women’s Leadership Initiative can be a government that is australian trying to boost the wide range of Pacific ladies who hold roles of impact in every sectors and spheres of culture.
This program invests AU$5.4 million over 5 years (2017-2022) to guide Australia prizes Scholarship recipients studying at Australian tertiary organizations to produce their leadership abilities and abilities. It links growing leaders from our area with leaders in Australia.
The effort is really an activity that is targeted the Australia Awards Linkages Framework — a coordinated approach to simply help Australia Awards scholars establish individual and expert links in Australia. The effort supports individuals — chosen from Australia Awards scholars and alumni — to fulfil their leadership possible and drive ideas that are big reforms inside their communities. The initiative will target Australia Awards scholars and alumni from the Pacific in its initial five-year phase.
The goals regarding the Women’s Leadership Initiative are that:
- Female Australia Awards alumni utilize their leadership abilities to play a role in sustainable development results when it comes to Pacific.
- Feminine and male Australia honors alumni are actively involved in systems and coalitions that look for to obtain improvement in their countries that are own.
- Female Australia Awards alumni are strengthening cooperation between Pacific nations and Australia.
The Initiative is governed with a Steering Committee representatives that are comprising the Pacific and Australia, including:
- Hon. Ali’imalemanu Alofa Tu’uau, MP, Samoa (Co-Chair)
- Assistant Secretary, Scholarships and Alumni Branch, DFAT (Co-Chair)
- Jean Martin, Violence Prevention Manager, Oil Re Re Re Search Limited, Papua Brand Brand New Guinea
- Teretia Tokam, Coordinator, Kiribati Ladies and Kids Help Centre, Kiribati
- Amanda McIntyre, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Australia
- Australia Awards scholar agent
- DFAT representative through the workplace of the Pacific.